Happy Birthday Know My Midwife
Aug 23, 2018
The ‘Know My Midwife’ program celebrates its 1st Birthday on 21st August 2018 at Cairns Private Hospital. To mark the occasion the centre is hosting an afternoon tea on Monday 3rd of September 2018 at 1pm in the Ground Floor Meeting room at Cairns Private Hospital.
The service, giving women the opportunity to have a known Midwife and a known Obstetrician follow them through their pregnancy, labour, birth and the postpartum period, has seen great success since its inception with 214 babies being born during its first year.
The program gives mums-to-be the very best in midwifery continuity-of-care by offering the following:
- Midwifery care by a highly skilled midwife
- Shared-care experience
- Support for mothers-to-be & their partners
- Antenatal care
- Antenatal classes
- Labour & birth care
- Postnatal care up to 6 weeks
- Parenting education & support
- Breastfeeding education & support
- Access to women's health physiotherapist & lactation consultants at Cairns Private Hospital
Cairns Private Hospital CEO Ben Tooth says that the Know My Midwife program satisfies an overwhelming demand for midwifery care in the private health sector in the region.