Ramsay Wellbeing Challenge wraps up with great success
Oct 18, 2021
Almost 2,000 people have stepped up their exercise, started a healthy sleep routine and ‘focused on the positives’ as part of this year’s Ramsay Wellbeing Challenge for Mental Health Week.
Launched on World Mental Health Day, Saturday 9th October, the Ramsay Wellbeing Challenge inspired participants to try something new each day for a week to help them thrive in every aspect of their lives.
Daily emails included tips, videos, podcasts and notes to help people not only succeed at the challenges, but enjoy them too. The positive campaign attracted a strong engagement and participation rate of more than 60%.
Daily challenges included:
- Starting a healthy sleep habit to help build resilience,
- Increasing exercise to boost your mood and lower stress,
- Focusing on the positives rather than the negatives,
- Getting involved in something bigger than yourself (such as a sporting team or religious group),
- Engaging in an activity you love to help ‘find your flow’,
- Setting yourself a goal and making steps to achieve it, and
- Making meaningful connections with others.
Director, Ramsay Mental Health Australia Anne Mortimer said the challenge was a great way to unite the Ramsay team.
“The Ramsay Wellbeing Challenge has been that daily reminder to people to prioritise their mental health and take the time to focus on their own wellbeing. We hope the ideas we put forward will have a positive and lasting impact to help people structure time for self care in their daily routines,’ Ms Mortimer said.
“We’ve had a wide variety of team members help guide participants through each challenge - from Helen, our art therapist at Northside Clinic, to Jess who’s one of our exercise physiologists, along with psychologists and psychiatrists stretching from Cairns and Rockhampton to Wollongong and Sydney,” she said.
The Ramsay Wellbeing Challenge wraps up today but for those wanting to continue, or start the campaign, the resources will be posted to Ramsay’s website in the coming weeks.