Ramsay unveils new sustainability strategy - caring for our planet, people and community
Dec 07, 2020
Ramsay Health Care has revealed its new global sustainability strategy, which outlines the company’s approach to being a sustainable and responsible business.
Ramsay Cares is based on the company’s commitment to making a meaningful, positive difference for current and future generations.
It is centred on three key pillars: delivering stronger communities, healthier people and a thriving planet.
Ramsay Australia CEO, Carmel Monaghan, said the launch of Ramsay Cares follows a year filled with countless example of Ramsay hospitals, doctors and staff stepping up to care for patients, volunteering to work in aged care facilities, and assisting small businesses in our communities.
“We have certainly demonstrated through COVID-19 that we are committed to being a sustainable and responsible health care provider,” Ms Monaghan said.
Ramsay Cares is a global sustainability strategy with three main themes:
The Ramsay Way of ‘people caring for people’ means our people and patients are our priority. We are focused on:
- Fostering a safe, caring and inclusive culture
- Engaging and developing our people
- Delivering high-quality patient outcomes and experience
- Being a trusted partner for our doctors and clinicians
- Mental health and wellness
Ramsay Health Care recognises that conserving and protecting the environment for future generations is a critical issue. We are focused on the key challenges of:
- Climate change and reducing greenhouse gas emissions,
- Reducing energy and water use,
- Reducing resource use such as single-use plastics where it safe to do so
- Increasing recycling and reducing waste
- Promoting more sustainable buildings and developments
- Working with our suppliers on more sustainable product choices
Ramsay Health Care recognises that we have an important role to play in the local communities we serve and society at large. We are focused on:
- Advancing health outcomes through medical research, clinical teaching and training
- A global approach towards health care prevention
- Supporting local communities
Earlier this year Ramsay staff from around the country were involved in a global project to review Ramsay’s sustainability strategy.
This resulted in a renewed focus on sustainability across the company including the appointment of a Global Sustainability Officer who will be focused on this strategy into the future.