Bookings and Referrals
Phone enquiry: 07 4052 8077 / 4052 5232
|Admission to the Cairns Early Parenting Centre requires:
1) a referral from your doctor (GP, Obstetrician or Paediatrician), for your infant, in your infant's name. Click on this link to view or print a Medical Referral Form if required.
Please check with your health fund to ensure your infant is covered.
Your doctor will need to include the following details in your referral:
- Reason for referral (e.g. sleep/settling or feeding concerns)
- Name & dosage of all medications for both parent or child
- The doctor’s name, contact details and provider number
2) an Edinburgh Post Natal Depression Scale questionnaire, also completed by your doctor.
Click on this link to view or print the Edinburgh Post Natal Depression Scale questionnaire
3) a Pre-Admission Assessment form, completed by you or the primary carer of the infant.
Click on this link to view or print the Early Parenting Centre Assessment Form
These 3 documents must then be sent to the Cairns Early Parenting Centre via email before your booking is confirmed.
Once the Cairns Early Parenting Centre team have received these documents our staff will phone or email you to discuss a date for admission.
While awaiting your admission we suggest you:
- Discuss your partner’s level of involvement in the program
- Keep in touch with your GP and Child and Family Health Nurse
- Take up any offers of support from friends and relatives