Cairns Private Hospital welcomes Dr Jeyarajan to the service.
Dr Jeyarajan is an Australian trained Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, having completed his Fellowship in General Surgery. He then had the great privilege of completing a further subspecialty Fellowship in Upper Gastrointestinal, Bariatric and Endocrine Surgery at Gold Coast University and Pindara Hospitals. Under the tutelage of eminent senior surgeons, he trained to perform:
- Oesophagogastric & hepatobiliary malignancy resections including oesophagectomy (2-stage and 3-stage), gastrectomy (total, subtotal & distal) and pancreatectomy (whipple and distal pancreatectomy)
- Benign upper gastrointestinal surgery, including laparoscopic antireflux surgery, hiatal hernia surgery and treatment for achalasia
- Bariatric surgery, including laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy, gastric bypass and SADI-S (Single Anastomosis Duodenoileostomy with Sleeve Gastrectomy)
- Endocrine surgery, including thyroidectomy, parathyroidectomy and laparoscopic adrenalectomy
Dr Jeyarajan is available for consultation on the above subspecialty areas, along with all general surgical services such as laparoscopic gallbladder and biliary tract surgery, hernia surgery, emergency/trauma surgery, appendicectomy and endoscopy (gastroscopy and colonoscopy, both diagnostic and interventional), to name a few.
Dr Jeyarajan is proud to work closely with a network of surgeons, physicians and oncologists throughout Queensland, ranging from Cairns and Townsville in the North, down to Brisbane and the Gold Coast region in the South, allowing for up-to-date multi-disciplinary care. This ensures that patients will be receiving not only the highest standard of care, but a team of specialists involved in that care.
- ANZGOSA – Australian and New Zealand Gastric and Oesophageal Surgery Association
- ANZMOSS – Australian and New Zealand Metabolic and Obesity Surgery Society
- GESA / CONJOINT – Gastroenterological Society of Australia
- GSA – General Surgeons Australia
- FRACS – Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
Dr Jeyarajan consults privately at Ramsay Specialist Suites. Referrals accepted via fax: 07 4052 8060 or Medical Objects: Provider Number 446257EW.