Dr Sarah Coll is a Cairns based Orthopaedic Surgeon who graduated from medicine at the University of Western Australia in 1994. From there she trained in orthopaedics throughout Queensland until moving to Cairns in 2005 as a Consultant. She has over 20 years of experience treating injuries of the knee, hip, shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand, and has a special interest in hand and shoulder surgery.
Dr Coll was the second woman in Queensland to become a Fellow of Orthopaedic Surgery and the first surgeon in Cairns to sub-specialise in arthroscopy and upper limb surgery. She started her own private orthopaedic practice, Fixing Broken Wings (formerly Air Medicine), in 2007 and works in private practice fulltime seeing WorkCover, DVA and private patients.
Dr Coll strives to improve general health and well-being for her patients and the community.
Dr Sarah Coll is a member of the following associations:
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (Member and Federal Councillor)
- Australian Hand Surgery Society
- Shoulder and Elbow Society of Australia
- International Society for Hip Arthroscopy
- Australian Orthopaedic Association
- Australian Medical Association, Queensland (Member, Councillor and Board Director)
- Queensland Medical Women’s Society
- Academy of Surgical Educators
- Far North Medical and Legal Society
- Cairns Local Medical Association
- Far North Queensland Lady Doctors Association